Fresh’s relationship with filmmakers and festivals from all over the world began in 1993 with a screening of ‘Kids in America’ a collection made by young people from USA . From filmmaker exchanges to film shares, awards to workshops, Fresh continues to seek new and innovative ways of engaging with international young filmmakers and audiences.
A Film share began in 2006, this non-competitive programme screened films made by young people around the world and sent Irish films to festivals abroad. In 2009 the International Shorts Programme and the International Fresh Film Award were created. You Judge It, international film schools critics programme was rolled out in 2011. We continue to distribute Irish films to festivals all over the world.
Fresh on the move… THE YCN
Fresh is a founder member of The Youth Cinema Network. YCN has 40 international members and growing.
Irish Young Filmmakers on
an International Stage
International Award Winners
In an effort to support and represent the vibrant young filmmakers of Ireland, Fresh sends films to festivals all over the world, often these films are screened in competition and many have been acknowledged though awards recognising the high standard of films being made by young people in Ireland.
Fresh Films have been selected to be screened in the US, Canada, Korea, Italy, UK, Germany, Croatia, Australia, Poland, Austria, Georiga, Greece, Spain, Serbia and Turkey and every year we look for new opportunities for your work to shine.
- Germany – REC Jugendmedien Fest, Berlin
- Golden Clip – The Cycle, Eoin McQuinn, 2007
- Golden Clip – House Trap, Megan Devaney & Northwest Film School,
- 2010 Honorary mention – Cents, The Desmond Brothers, 2013
- Korea, Seoul International Youth Film Festival (SIYFF)
- Best Editing – Stalker, Laura Waters & The digital film school, 2008
- Experimental Eye Award – The Silence, Adam Rael, 2012
Poland, Up to 21
- Second – Brainstorming Ideas for a Short Film, Danillo Zambrano & Paul Hewison, 2013
- Third – Dive, Andrew Jordan, 2013
- Special mention – The Diceman, 1 Cent Productions, 2013
- Special mention Youth Jury URUS REGION – The Diceman, 1 Cent Productions, 2013
Serbia, Kratka Forma
- Overall in category – Dive, Andrew Jordan, 2013
Croatia, Four Rivers Film Festival
- Best Fiction – Joint winner, The Last Princess , Sean Murphy, 2011
Canada, Kids for Kids
- Grand Prize Outstanding Film 13-16 – Four More years to go, Presentation Secondary School, 2008
Greece, Camera Zizanio
- Category C’ (17 to 20 years) 3rd Prize – Dive, Andrew Jordan, 2013